The Chamber is seeking a P/T CEO
Salary £30K (F/T equivalent)
Kingston Chamber of Commerce is an independent, not for profit organisation entirely funded by our membership and one of the largest borough chambers in London.
Formally recognised as the business representative for the business community in the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, we provide networking, training, advice and business development opportunities.
Kingston Chamber of Commerce is looking to recruit a CEO to lead and manage the business and its associated functions which support the development of enterprise and employment within the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames
The role of the Chief Executive is to ensure that
- the strategic plan for the business is developed and executed
- new growth areas are sought and developed
- commercially driven services are secured and implemented
- the Chamber of Commerce leads on and contributes to a number of multi-organisation partnership initiatives.
Reporting to an Executive Board (bi-monthly) and Main board (quarterly) and responsible for the Personal Assistant to the CEO, the Marketing and Events Manager and the Membership Development Manager
Skills and Experience required:
- A track record of success within a membership based organisation
- Business skills – IT, Finance, HR
- Business development and generation of revenue (membership/business events/sponsorship)
- Public presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership and management including strategic thinking and innovation skills
- Knowledge and empathy with not for profit, community engagement and enterprise support sectors
Duties (not limited to):
- Facilitation of board and other meetings
- Knowledge of Kingston and the local business community would be desirable although not essential
- Preparing annual operating budgets to meet the income targets set and agreed by the Board of Directors
- Ensuring that duties and responsibilities of the Company Secretary are carried out in a diligent and timely manner
- Overall Management responsibility for the successful delivery of the Annual Membership Development Strategy as planned and agreed with the Membership Development Manager
- Maintaining an excellent public profile for the Chamber of Commerce and its brand and services
Please see full Job Description here . Apply now with a CV and Covering letter.
Closing date for applications: 8th February 2019
Job Type: Part-time – 3 Days a Week
- Membership based organisation: 2 years (Preferred)
- Business skills in IT, Finance, HR: 2 years (Required)
- Leadership and management: 5 years (Required)
- Marketing – written and presentation skills: 2 years (Preferred)